When selecting vendors for your wedding team, it is important to choose vendors who can work together as a team. In this, one of the biggest days of your life, you will want a team who can communicate with and complement each other in their respective areas of work. This will hopefully ensure a seamless execution of your wedding plans.
When shortlisting vendors, ask them for recommendations of other vendors whom they have worked with before. When they are on good terms, they tend to be more willing to compromise when necessary and put in a greater effort in ensuring everything runs smoothly. One route to take is to appoint a wedding planner who has built such working relationships with their industry colleagues.
Factors to consider when deciding on a planner :
- The services they offer i.e. full planning and/or wedding day coordination.
- Their rates.
- Their portfolio of past events and testimonials from clients.
- How well you get along with them.
- Have they had experience doing weddings at your chosen venues?
A few catalysts to encourage the hiring of a planner :
- They will take care of all the nitty-gritty, allowing you the time to enjoy the wedding planning process.
- Assistance in setting up your wedding budget and monitoring spending, highlighting to you where to save and what to prioritise.
- The goodwill they have nurtured with vendors gives them an advantage when negotiating with them and coordinating their services.
Tip : Treat vendors as friends who will help you achieve the wedding of your dreams. Check out these wedding planners here.