For soon-to-be-wed couples planning for their nuptials in the new norm, a number of criteria would make a venue a preferred choice of theirs. Chief among them would be the opportunity to have the entire venue to themselves and their families and guests, without having to share with another couple. Another would be flexibility in the minimum number of guests required to book out the entire venue, particularly in the current scenario where personalised weddings with a more intimate invite list is encouraged.
Other features that would be attractive :
- Option of indoor and outdoor event spaces, both for the exchange of vows and wedding reception to follow.
- A choice of preferential vendors in the venue’s contact list, be it for catering, décor and the like.
- Beautiful settings for photography.
Some suggestions when planning weddings in the new norm :
- Coordinate with the venue’s events team to ensure all SOPs are adhered to, with a focus on both safety and comfort.
- Advise invited guests in advance on the protocols put in place for all to enjoy a memorable celebration.