Think ‘In The Mood For Love’, think movies that were set in the 1950s Canto era and the vibes they projected. A venue as such would certainly be a unique one, one that provides a distinct Oriental setting and ambience for personalised wedding celebrations.
Indeed, such a venue would be suited to the many events related to nuptials :
- An indoor location for a thematic pre-wedding shoot.
- A cosy venue to host bachelor nights and bridal showers.
- A venue to host a tea ceremony followed by an intimate wedding reception.
- An option as an after-party location.
With the trend of smaller celebrations being increasingly popular in the new norm, the opportunity to book out the entire venue for your wedding is very much feasible. Doing so will ensure privacy and exclusivity as well as make it easier for ‘crowd control’ and propagate compliance to SOPs that are so prevalent nowadays.
A few more suggestions :
- Perhaps encourage your guests to dress to an Oriental theme?
- How about hiring an ensemble that is adept at Chinese tunes in their repertoire, an entertainment choice that will be well received by your guests.