In the new normal where we expect more intimate weddings to take centrestage, it is likely too that soon-to-be-weds will be on the lookout for more personalised wedding entertainment for their celebrations. A soloist, duo or trio that are more suited to smaller event spaces perhaps. Shorter sets, curated playlists to a theme, greater interaction with a smaller crowd, all these could very well be the new trends of the forseeable future.
What has not changed however, are the criteria one should employ when deciding who to hire :
- Performers who are experienced in weddings.
- Those who are amiable and who can get along with the both of you.
- Recommendations by wedding venues and vendors.
Issues to consider :
- If you are hosting your nuptials at a more intimate venue, determine how much space can be allocated for the musicians.
- Is there a need for a sound system?
- Duration of entertainment and number of sets to play.
- If you have a wedding theme in mind, how can the musicians tailor their playlist to that particular theme.
Tip : Have a look at the options here.