With weddings being planned once again by soon-to-be-weds, one of the pertinent tasks to look into at the onset of the planning process is to secure a wedding caterer. Food and drink are undoubtedly important components of any celebration, and hiring an experienced and reputable wedding caterer is one step towards ensuring a memorable occasion, especially when Malaysians tend to place much attention on the culinary experience at any celebratory event.
With much pent up demand from weddings postponed from the past year, as well as those intended for this year, it would be wise to promptly secure the services of a caterer once you have decided on the date of your nuptials, ensuring that the culinary aspect of the following are taken care of :
- Dinner for family and relatives on the eve of the wedding.
- Reception after the wedding ceremony.
- Wedding banquet as a culmination of the day’s celebrations.
In view of the new norm that we are living in, be sure to discuss the following with your appointed caterer :
- Capacity of the venue you have selected, be it a home, house of religion, event space or outdoor venue, and the logistics of setup with regards to seating arrangements, serving stations and cooking facilities.
- The size of the team of service staff to ensure your guests are well taken care of as well as the SOPs they will be adhering to for safety precautions.