Do you need to set aside a portion of your wedding budget for décor? The norm? Yes, even if it were a minimal amount. Although most wedding packages offered by venues include some form of décor, it will typically be for the banquet. What about the setting for your exchange of vows ceremony, particularly if it is being held at a separate location from the banquet?
Where decorations or enhancements may be needed on your wedding day :
- Family homes of the bride and groom, especially if there is a fetching the bride and tea ceremonies where relatives and guests may be invited to attend.
- Location of wedding ceremony, be it a house of worship, event space or an outdoor venue.
- Venue of the wedding banquet, in particular when the décor inclusions in the wedding package is minimal.
Some advice :
- Run through your budget with your wedding planner and determine the appropriate amount to be set aside for décor, in order to realise the wedding theme you have in mind.
- Contemplate multiple uses of décor and props, for example both for the ceremony and banquet thereafter.
- Props rental is a good way of having variety without the need to invest in purchase.
Tip : Have a look at the work of these wedding decorators and engage with them virtually before meeting them in person to discuss ideas.