An event planner and caterer all rolled into one, now that can be a godsend to couples who are in the process of planning for their big day. For those who require both services, the opportunity to collaborate with one wedding professional makes the planning and coordination process much easier. Alternatively, if catering is what you are on the lookout for, that too is possible. The advantage of hiring a caterer who also has extensive experience in event planning is that both services often overlap, and some of their planning expertise will certainly be reflected in the catering service they offer. And that is a good thing.
The ability to offer the following services is certainly an advantage :
- Wedding planning.
- Onsite catering.
- Conceptualisation and venue design.
- Willingness to cater to your requirements from cocktail receptions to sit-down dinners and everything else in between.
On the catering front, discuss the following :
- Which part of your wedding i.e. dinner on the eve, reception after wedding ceremony or perhaps the wedding banquet?
- The venue or venues you have chosen.
- Size of guest list.
- Menu options and prices.
- Buffet or sit-down meal.
- Setup requirements e.g. tables, chairs, linens, tableware, stemware, canopy and so forth.
- Service staff.