Despite the need to meet the necessary safety protocols set by the authorities due to the ongoing pandemic, one thing is for sure, the wish to tie the nuptial knot is very much alive. Indeed, we foresee that demand will outstrip supply when it comes to preferred wedding venues and vendors, once such celebrations can take place again, which hopefully will be in the not too distant future.
Some trends that have emerged include the following :
- Smaller, more personalised celebrations with family and close friends.
- Preference to book out an entire venue rather than to have to share for example a large ballroom or event space.
- Individual plated service, particularly for the main course.
- Creative seating arrangements and place settings that satisfy social distancing protocols yet reflecting a romantic and cosy ambience.
- Opportunity to have an outdoor exchange of vows followed by an indoor reception in the comforts of air-conditioning.
- A curated menu, for example one focused on Modern Thai cuisine, where guests can choose their main courses in advance.
A few suggestions :
- Have your appointed wedding planner and decorator brainstorm with the restaurant’s events team in relation to décor, schedule for the dinner, the necessary safety measures to put in place and the like.
- Send out a briefing to your invited guests prior to the wedding so they know what to expect.
Tip : To fully experience the Thai inspired food and ambience of Rama V make a reservation for dinner and sample their menu. Thereafter, meet with their event specialist to learn more about their wedding packages. More details here.