What is a wedding without flowers? For as long as we can remember, flowers are part and parcel of weddings. Whether in abundance or on a smaller scale, they are a component that is seldom excluded, either for the ceremony or banquet.
Discuss the following with your floral designer :
- Local blooms vs imported flowers.
- Pastel shades vs vibrant colours.
- Single type of bloom or composition of varieties.
Other than the requisite bridal bouquet, corsages and bridesmaid’s posy, consider including these for the wedding ceremony :
- Floral pedestals and scattered petals along the aisle.
- Décor on the pews.
- Wedding car décor.
At the banquet in particular, you can make a statement with table centrepieces :
- For dramatic effect, towering centrepieces command attention.
- For ease of conversation, have low clusters of flowers to create an intimate ambience.
Other floral inspired décor at the banquet may include the following :
- Welcome signage and installation.
- Backdrop for photobooth and stage.