Rounding off a celebration with dessert treats will prove popular with the newly-wedded couple, their families and guests alike. Sweet temptations, displayed with style and flair, are not only good to look at, but are also enticements for guests to indulge. A dessert buffet also acts as a focal point and can be incorporated into the décor of a wedding venue.
Versatility of a dessert buffet :
- Can be set up at home, the reception hall of a house of worship or the banquet venue.
- Also suitable for bridal showers.
- The gamut of choices of desserts provides the bride and groom the opportunity to customise their dessert table to either reflect their wedding theme or the palates of their guests.
- It also takes on the role of a prop for photography as well as décor.
A few tips :
- Consider the budget you can afford to allocate and check on rates.
- Determine if a tasting prior to the event will be offered.
- Discuss variety of desserts to be served, flavours and frostings.
- Nail down setup arrangements and teardown logistics.
- Incorporate colour themes if necessary.
Tip : Do some research on dessert trends. Start here.