Flowers play an integral part in nuptials and right at the forefront of wedding flowers are the bridal bouquet and groom’s corsage. Indeed, for the bridal party, posies for the bridesmaids and boutonnieres for the groomsmen also often make up the order that is placed with a floral designer.
A versatile floral designer would be able to advise you on the following :
- Types of flowers that are in season during the time of your wedding.
- Which flowers would be able to withstand our heat and humidity.
- How to get the best mileage out of the flowers.
- Blooms which are more affordable yet are able to project a sense of romance and festivity.
- How to incorporate leaves and ferns which may be less costly into designs.
- Designs that will complement attire and venues.
When discussing with floral designers, it is best to :
- Know your budget and how much you have to spend.
- Share your ideas and ask for feedback.
- Be flexible when negotiating.
- Be willing to take the advice of the professional.
- Ask them what their signature style is and if it suits your taste.
- Determine a selection of flowers that is acceptable to you in case your first choice is not available during your wedding.
Tip : Do not be afraid to ask how the floral designer may add value to your order, but do so politely. Connect with them here.