When most people think of suits, they think of the traditional, dark business suit. While this is still a popular style, suits have come a long way in the past few years. There are now many different styles and colours to choose from. You can even find suits with fun prints and patterns.
A good suit should fit well and be made from high-quality materials. It’s important to find a style that matches your personality and you feel comfortable wearing. When choosing a suit, be sure to consider the setting for which it will be worn :
- Indoor weddings. You have more control over the temperature and lighting as such celebrations are typically held in houses of worship, hotels or event spaces.
- Outdoor weddings. Often less formal than indoor weddings, they can be held in beautiful locations such as gardens, parks or beaches. Be sure to consider heat and humidity, especially in our tropical climate.
One way to add a personal touch to your wedding is by using fabric creatively. Indeed, fabric is one of the most important components to consider. It also determines the overall style of the suit. When you’re thinking of fabric options, these are the four go-to fabrics to consider :
- Wool. Traditionally used in men’s suiting for its versatility, breathability and drape, wool is the best choice for almost any occasion. It not only provides warmth in colder conditions, it also breathes well in warm environments to help keep you cool.
- Cotton. A cotton suit can be the perfect choice for a casual warm-weather wedding. Because cotton doesn’t drape as elegantly as wool or silk, the silhouette of a cotton jacket can be a bit looser and more casual.
- Linen. Lightweight and breathable, linen allows for the most casual and airy suiting. It also takes dye beautifully, which means you can find linen suits in vibrant colours, if you’re looking to add visual interest to your wedding attire.
- Blends. Blended fabrics are made of a combination of different materials. They are more affordable than 100% wool suits, and they also look and feel great.
There has been a recent trend in the colour of suits. Menswear designers have been showcasing more brightly coloured suits recently, with shades such as red, green and yellow becoming more popular. While these colours may be too bold for some, they can be a great way to make a statement and stand out from the crowd.
Though it can often feel like the bride takes most of the limelight on the big day, the groom deserves just as much attention. So here are the five things to remember when making decisions on your suit:
- Opting for the same suit in different colours could work well for variation.
- Wear a suit that complements your body shape.
- Choose a fabric that suits your wedding setting. If you’re on a budget, however, discuss more affordable fabric options with your appointed custom tailor.
- Consider the weather conditions vis-a-vis when your wedding will take place.
- Take time to find the perfect accessories and ensure they match your suit.
When working on a limited budget, find something that fits you well and makes you look your best. You don’t need to spend a lot of money on a designer suit as many affordable options are available too.
Tip: Connect with our partner vendors here for your perfect wedding suit.