With international borders set to remain closed for the foreseeable future, wedding photographers will take inspiration from our own backyard when planning for pre-wedding shoots. Whilst shoots within our respective states are now possible, the location options will be vastly expanded once inter-state travel is again permitted.
In the meantime, we encourage you to plan ahead :
- Work out your budget and compare what you can afford with the many packages being offered.
- Shortlist potential locations that pique your interest.
- If a destination shoot is on the cards, do some research on accommodation options and lock-in good rates.
- If you plan to stay in a resort, see if photography on its grounds is possible.
- How about an island shoot or perhaps a drive up to the highlands?
- Seek out heritage locations perhaps?
- What about exploring smaller towns and fishing villages?
- Do some city hotels offer interior settings that interest your photographer artistically?
Remember the following too :
- Book a makeup artist.
- Get your attire sorted as well.
- Delve into the SOPs to be adhered to for pre-wedding shoots, including permission to travel to chosen locations.
Tip : Brainstorm location ideas with your photographer. Have a look here.