The last thing a bride would want is to appear caked in makeup, making you look different and unnatural. Instead, you should look natural. A good makeup artist will strive to make you look beautiful, enhancing your unique features naturally. You want to look like yourself, only better.
Discuss the following with your makeup artist :
- His or her stylistic inclination vis-à-vis your preferences.
- Is natural makeup a priority for you? If so, make it known.
- Your wedding theme and if there is a need for your makeup and hair to reflect the theme.
- Expected weather conditions if you are contemplating an outdoor or destination wedding.
Make sure your makeup artist :
- Provides a trial makeup session.
- Does your makeup and hair to complement the design of your wedding attire.
- Comes to you on your wedding day.
Other considerations :
- Will your bridesmaids, mother and siblings require makeup services on your wedding day?
- What about your future mother-in-law and sisters-in-law?
- Is your appointed makeup artist able to have his or her team offer such services?
Tip : Keep to a beauty regimen leading up to your wedding day. Confer with the makeup artists listed here.