To don a stunning gown at the wedding banquet is the aspiration of every bride. Be it while on stage cutting the wedding cake and making a toast or sashaying from table to table greeting guests, a bride in a beautifully crafted evening gown is a vision of bliss and confidence.
If budget permits, having an evening gown custom-made is a route that often brings out the best in a bride. When meeting with gown designers, evaluate the options based some of the following factors :
- Price points.
- The opportunity to provide your input.
- Experience of the designer.
- Whether there is sufficient time.
- How well you get along with the designer.
Bring along some of these for consultations :
- Print-outs of designs you may have seen online.
- Tear sheets from magazines.
- Colour swatches.
- A dress that fits you well which you may want to try on for your designer.
Tip : Allocate a portion of your budget to a custom-made evening gown. Have a look here.