All couples envision a wedding that they have dreamt of all their lives. Setting the stage for this day is therefore of much importance. The atmosphere, the ambience, contribute to the realisation of this milestone. Speaking of setting the stage, the artistry and creativity of wedding decorators and stylists very much play a role in how well the backdrops and stages are created for the big day. Here are some ideas for you to contemplate.
A few factors to take into account :
- The lead time required for setup.
- If the venue is a hotel, event space or restaurant, what are the logistics of delivery and setup as well as teardown that may need to be adhered to vis-à-vis the venue’s policy.
- If there is a floral element involved, do weather conditions dictate the use of fresh, preserved or artificial flowers.
- Cost and available budget.
Some other issues to highlight :
- Ensure that your decorator and florist coordinate their roles if both are collaborating on the stage and backdrop.
- Have your wedding planner and appointed vendors do a site inspection ahead of time to determine space availability and allocation as well as for measurements.
- If the entertainment troupe is also to be on the main stage, be sure to allocate them sufficient space too.
- For backdrops meant for photobooth, ensure that there is sufficient lighting. Do consult with your photobooth vendor and/or photographer.