Our neighbouring Thai friends are indeed working very enthusiastically to kickstart destination weddings, pre-wedding photography and honeymoons again. With their various sandbox programmes and progressive opening of borders to vaccinated visitors, romance awaits in Thailand.
Some suggestions :
- Be in touch with the local Tourism Authority Of Thailand office to keep up-to-date on the necessary protocols that need to be met in order to travel to Thailand.
- Connect with the resorts and wedding vendors at your chosen destination to find out more on rates, if there any promotions, the local vibe at present and the like.
- If you intend to fly there with Malaysian wedding professionals such as a planner, photographer, cinematographer and makeup artist, do assemble your team quickly, confirm their vaccination status as well as validity of travel documents.
- Check flight schedules and costs.
- Consider the time of year you wish to travel there and the expected weather conditions.
Other tasks to tackle :
- Draw up a concise guest list.
- Send out save-the-dates once you have confirmed your destination wedding.
- Offer your guests the necessary information for them to make travel plans.