Your wedding day is a celebration of you and your partner’s love and an expression of who you are as a couple. So take your guests on a tour through your life as a couple and share all of your favourite parts with everyone you care about.
Work with your wedding planner and vendors to help you tailor every detail of your special day. Being thoughtful about the wedding vendors you pick is one of the most important ways to express your true self. Hiring your wedding vendors is an opportunity to encourage people who share your values, such as eco-friendly services, whether they are small businesses, female entrepreneurs, or people of varied origins and views.
Little things can add meaning to your wedding celebration and make it as unique as possible :
- Personalised tables and signs. Bequeath each table a name that highlights a certain aspect of your connection. This can be influenced by places you’ve visited, movie titles, hobbies and so on.
- Special bouquet. Incorporate a special flower symbolic of your relationship in your bouquet or other floral arrangements.
- Personalise your menu and drinks. For example, a dish or signature drink that’s significant to your relationship.
- Get a photobooth or set up a photo gallery section. Display pictures of the both of you as well as family and friends that tell the story of your love affair. After all, a picture paints a thousand words!
- Customised cake toppers and napkins. These, in particular napkins, can even be used as thank-you gifts that guests can take away.
- Write your own vows. Instead of narrating words used by billions of people, write something authentic and true to you as a couple.
Tip: Glean ideas from some of our partner vendors here.