What type of wedding do you wish to have? How many people do you intend to invite? How much do you intend to spend on this milestone in life? These, and many more, are pertinent questions at the onset of the wedding planning process. And whatever your preferences may be, whatever decisions you make on the components of your wedding, be it your team of vendors or the venues to host your celebrations, they all lead back to your wedding budget. How much you plan to spend, and how much you have actually committed to spend as your planning process evolves. Have a look at a sample wedding budget template here.
Some of the many issues to consider include the following :
- Who will be financing the wedding? You and your partner or will your parents be footing the bill? Or perhaps a combination of both?
- An extravagant celebration or a more intimate occasion with family and close friends only.
- Do you prefer all encompassing wedding packages or are you more inclined to custom services.
A few words of advice :
- It is best not to get into debt at the start of your married life. So spend within your means for your wedding.
- Look out for special promotions and offers, especially during bridal fairs.
- Draw up a tentative wedding budget for an initial discussion and continue to fine-tune it as you go along. Here is a template to start on.
Tip : Download our wedding budget template here.