Don’t be fooled into thinking that a fantastic wedding reception just happens. While an iconic party may appear to be spontaneous, it is actually a highly organised event. You can’t control how your guests spend their time, but you can plan ahead for this once-in-a-lifetime celebration. An experienced emcee can be the lifeblood of your reception. Because this person sets the tone and vibe of the celebration, choosing the right person is key.
Make sure you meet your emcee before your big day. Even if you have a reliable person on board, set a meeting with them ahead of time for briefing and planning purposes. That way, you’ll be able to express your expectations and ensure a seamless event. Here are some things to look out for when selecting your emcee :
- Choose an excellent orator. Look for someone who is fluent in the language spoken by your guests and, more crucially, who is an excellent orator. They ought to be engaging and entertaining. In addition to entertaining your guests, the emcee should be able to readily interact with them.
- Time management skills. Your emcee will be responsible for keeping the show running smoothly and on schedule. To ensure that things run on time, do a run-through of the programme the day before the event.
You have two alternatives when it comes to choosing a wedding emcee :
- A close friend or a reliable relative. Since it’s a close buddy, there’s a chance you won’t be charged anything. They’ll also have personal anecdotes and stories they can share.
- A professional. We suggest you take this route. They’re used to performing before a live crowd, so they’ll know how to put on a show and how to engage the audience throughout your event.
Naturally, there are other types of entertainment available for wedding receptions that everyone will love. Incorporate live music into your wedding reception to entertain your guests! Opt for a jazz band or a retro funk group for instance. Bring your theme to life with a band that perfectly complements your outfits, décor and overall style. There are many benefits of choosing a live wedding band, and here we’ve listed a few :
- Create your desired atmosphere, sets the tone for your reception.
- You have many options to choose from to create your desired ambiance.
- Professional quality sound.
- A curated song list for your guests’ listening pleasure.
For those on a tighter budget, perhaps consider a soloist, be it a musician or vocalist. Indeed, a soloist can be a great alternative to a band. No matter your motivation, it’s pretty much proven that a soloist can also contribute to a festive atmosphere for your celebration.
Another option to contemplate would be a string quartet. Able to accommodate most wedding venues and armed with a wealth of classical repertoire, they provide not only versatility, but elegance to the occasion as well. In fact, a string quartet is very much suited to the exchange of vows ceremony too.
Tip: Engage with our partner vendors here.