With everyone now hooked on social media, documenting your wedding through video and film has become a must-have for many couples. As a result, many videography packages abound in the wedding market. The first thing you should look into is the specifics of what they offer; knowing more about what they have to offer will ensure that your cinematographic needs are being met. Some of these may include trailers, teasers and full edits as part of their service offering, and you must determine whether you require all of them or if there is something you desire that is not included in their package.
Also, here are some other factors to consider when contemplating who to hire :
- Hire a friendly crew that’s able to connect with you and work well with your other appointed vendors.
- Be sure that the videographer is willing to survey the venue beforehand and that they are willing to comply with any venue restrictions.
- Teamwork makes the dream work, so make sure you work with a team, not just one person. That way you’ll have different angles captured, and with the right coordination, be able to create the perfect video.
- Discuss what specific moments you’ll want to be covered and the memories you want to keep.
- Enquire about the timeline for delivery with your videographer. To create the correct expectations for yourself, ask your vendor when the final product will be ready.
Some of the things to discuss with your videographer include :
- Their artistic inclination and style of shooting vis-a-vis the final product that will be delivered.
- Determine if they can produce snippets which you can share on Instagram and Facebook in carefully edited 2 to 3-minute clips.
Tip: Contact some of our partner vendors here.