You went down on bended knee and proposed and she said ‘yes’. So what’s next?
Here are some of the ‘must do’s at the initial stage :
- Inform your parents and immediate families of the good news followed by relatives and good friends.
- Short list tentative dates for your wedding.
- Discuss preliminary ideas on the type of wedding you plan to have.
- Crunch some numbers and determine a wedding budget that you can both afford.
- Consider hiring a wedding planner to assist in the planning process if your funds permit.
Next, tackle the following tasks :
- Set the date.
- Firm up your wedding budget.
- Prepare a priority guest list and send out save-the-date cards.
- Decide on venues for the ceremony and banquet.
- Start sourcing for vendors.
If you’ve hired a wedding planner :
- Fix meetings for brainstorming sessions.
- Organise a wedding plan and timelines.
- Allocate and monitor wedding budget.
Tip : A wedding planner will help you stick to plan. Consider some of these here.